Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Roses

Hello to all!

This is a great and colorful time of year. The landscape is alive with purples, yellows, pinks, whites etc...

One of my favorite plants bursting with color are the Knock Out Roses. Why do I love these roses in particular? I don't have the time nor the patience to maintain the roses that my grandmother use to have in her garden.

These roses are disease resistant, and low maintenance. I do not have to go and dead head the spent buds, new flowers push straight pass the spent buds. They also are somewhat drought tolerant after they become established.

That is not to say that other roses are not worth planting but depending on the type you decide to plant make sure you have the time and knowledge to maintain other roses.

Here are some sites that you can take a look at:
www.plantamesty.org
www.uri.edu/ce/factsheets/sheets/rosewinter.html
www.rosegardening101.com
www.nelsonsfloridaroses.com

Enjoy your gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment